Hello there!

I have moved!
My new blog is www.midnightcaramel.com


Happy reading, and thank you for your visit!
Charlotte.

Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Big News: Blog Move!

Hello there!

I know, it's been a while... but there's a reason behind it!

I've been wanting to open up a 'general' blog for a while now, feeling that my book blog felt too close to work for me. I mean, I read and write reviews for work, so doing the same thing on a blog was feeling more and more like double work. And, if it's not fun anymore, blogging has no sense, right?

So Midnight Caramel was born!










I will still post reviews over there, but only of the books that I LOVED. Which will be more positive. :)
And there will be recipes, I will share some lovely finds from the web, and also write a bit more about life in general.

You are welcome to come and check it out!

I want to thank all of you guys who have been following The Book on the Hill and commenting and being really really nice. Thank you so much.

Blogging here has been fun, I've met many amazing people through this blog and I will always be in love with the book blogging community! You are all amazing!

So, I bid farewell to the hill but I will leave the blog online so that all the reviews will still be available to everyone.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas!
And happy reading and blogging to all bookworms out there.

Love,
Charlotte.

PS : I've got some exciting news... *drumroll* I am now a TRANSLATOR! A real one! I'm currently working on the RAZORLAND trilogy by Ann Aguirre (from English to French). I translated ENCLAVE during the summer, and right now I'm working on OUTPOST. I am SO happy! And I'm still a reader, of course (wouldn't give this up for the world, at least not yet). Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww bummer. But I totally understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check out your new site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, félicitations à la traductrice! mais dis-moi, tu fais comment pour trouver un livre à traduire en français? je suis française, and I've been doing non-fiction translation for over 20 years. how to get into Fiction translation?? Emma @ Words And Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls! :)

    Emma : Je travaille en tant que lectrice pour Hachette depuis 5 ans maintenant, et je les avais informé du fait que, si une opportunité de traduction se présentait un jour, je serais intéressée. Quand c'est arrivé l'année dernière, j'ai passé un essai et j'ai été prise. Je pense qu'ils ont des traducteurs quasiment attitrés, en fait, ce qui expliquerait la difficulté à trouver une place ? Je ne connais pas assez le monde de l'édition pour te donner des pistes (je suis limitée à Hachette Jeunesse, le reste, je ne connais pas !). A la base, je suis comédienne de formation, donc le monde de l'édition, je le découvre au fil des années. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do share your thoughts, it's always a pleasure reading them!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...