Hello there!

I have moved!
My new blog is www.midnightcaramel.com


Happy reading, and thank you for your visit!
Charlotte.

Friday, 16 October 2009

French Friday (1)

Here we are, my first French Friday !

Today I would like to share with you this fun illustration, written by French author Daniel Pennac and illustrated by Quentin Blake. Originally written in French, here is its English translation.
It comes from Daniel Pennac's book "Comme Un Roman" (published by Walker Books as "The Rights of the Reader" in English), written in 1992 and which was a big success in France. In this book, Daniel Pennac talks about his experience of teaching in "challenging" schools, and shares his belief that readers do have rights, including the right NOT to read...! I discovered this only this year, and this is definitely a book I'd like to read.



See you next week for another French Post !

5 comments:

  1. Great post. I love the readers rights.

    word salad-blessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool meme. I love hearing about the book world in other countries.

    WV: dered

    ReplyDelete
  3. French Friday! How fun! This is maybe something I could participate in.
    And thanks for your recommendation. I actually had never heard of this blog and am very psyched to now be participating in her Japanese challenge. :-)

    WV: fullisen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool meme your hosting! I loved the readers rights, specially "6.The right to mistake a book for real life"!

    WV: snosb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic idea! I love it!]

    This book also sounds pretty cool - and perhaps funny? I assume so if Quentin Blake illustrates it.

    WV: lessing

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Do share your thoughts, it's always a pleasure reading them!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...